Thursday, November 11, 2010

A few thoughts:

One: I'm not sure why I am still awake at this hour. I find myself in this place, at this time, nearly every night now. As much as I struggle to wake up in the mornings, there's just something about the peace that comes with the dead of night that I can't get enough of. It's insatiable. It's my favorite time.

Two: As of late, all I can think about is how much I look forward to 'my very own place.' I can't help but gather photos I stumble across and begin to plan my life in my yet-to-exist home. I want a small place, charming, cozy, with an organic feel.

Giant bookshelves filled with books of every and any kind, artwork from every country and culture on every surface, and wall space, bamboo floors and pillows to sit on, blankets and throws of every color draped over backs of chairs. I can't stop dreaming.




Music playing non-stop, curtains never drawn, natural light all the time. A bohemian bungalow.




A small alcove outdoors is a must-have; Adorned with flowers, surrounded by nature. 




I love any and all colors - warm or cool. All are beautiful. The key is organic and natural. A fortitude of photo frames lining the walls in no particular order, organization, no matter shape, size, or color. Neatly chaotic, perfect.





And my favorite touch: words and reminders throughout the house. Not to mention, not a shortage of candles for luminance and warmth. 




Some may feel this is all too eclectic, too chaotic, too much of an explosion. But I love it. I've been collecting snippets of inspiration any time I happen across them. It gets me excited to create my style. Perhaps this is too ambitious - maybe I'll never have a place of my own (at least not for a long while). But I can't help but dream!


1 comment: